Get to know the 2012 Homecoming Court Candidates
Adrian Graham-Chesnava. Adrian Graham-Chesnava
1. What is your major(s)/minor(s)?
Theater Major with double concentration in Acting and Performance Studies and a minor in African Studies.
2. What activities or clubs are you involved in on campus?
MTA, Phi Kappa Tau, BSA, SQuAd
3. How does it feel to be a senior?
It's awesome! It is so much fun to have a group of friends that I have been with for the past three years, to be able to look back at all the memories we have made together and laugh about the silly stuff. I also feel like I know how this campus works by now, so I don't really have to worry about the things that I used to.
4. What has been your greatest accomplishment here at Muhlenberg College in the last four years?
I really enjoyed being co-president of the Black Students Association. The year that I was co-president we had a ton of great "shout out" discussions, designed a logo/t-shirt for the organization, and drafted a totally revamped constitution. We just took a small organization and ran with it!
5. How did you feel when you heard that you were recognized by your entire class and voted on the Homecoming Court?
It was so cool! I'm pretty physically recognizable on campus-- to most of my grade I was always just "that kid with the afro"--so to see that they actually think of me as someone who represents our grade and the spirit of Muhlenberg is really just a great feeling.
6. What are your plans for after college? If you have no plans, what line of business would you like to be involved in this time next year?
Eventually I want to go to graduate school to study Black Performance, but right now I think I'm just going to move to a city and start auditioning for things--just throw myself out there!
7. What is your motto? If that doesn't make sense to you, what is a principle, rule, or saying that guides you throughout your life?
YOLO! I'm totally kidding. Lately I've really been liking the saying, "Imma let it do what it do." It's so simple and stupid, but the message is awesome. Just let things happen and they will end up working out...somehow.
8. What are you going to miss most about Muhlenberg College?
My friends. I feel like I've made such tight bonds here that they won't ever really fade, but I'm going to miss having that closeness. Being able to call someone and meet them at the couches in five minutes. Not having that is going to be rough.
9. Who is your favorite teacher and what has been your favorite class?
Charles O. Anderson. He's basically been my life mentor since my second semester freshman year. He's since moved on to another teaching position but he and I still keep in contact. That's what I love about Muhlenberg is that you actually can get THAT close with your professors. I think my favorite class has to have been Intro to Women's Studies with Kate Richmond. I just learned so much so fast and that class literally took my world view and threw it into a wall. It was really just what I needed at the time.
10. What life/college advice would you give to a freshman should you be asked?
Have conversations. Don't be the kid who sits in a classroom and lets someone say something ignorant and wrong. If someone says something that offends you, call them out and have that conversation. That's the only way people are going to think and that people are going to learn.
Do you want to win Homecoming King/Queen? If so, why do you think you should win?
I do really want to win homecoming King! I think I should win because I am one of a kind on this campus. I don't blend in at all. But at the same time I think I also exemplify what a Muhlenberg student should be. I am someone who has taken every chance I have gotten here and ran with it. I have thrived in a place that was not designed for me to thrive, and I think that is why I should be King.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Muhlenberg Weekly News Articles
Recent Muhlenberg Weekly News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MUHLENBERG WEEKLY
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MUHLENBERG WEEKLY NEWS
RECENT MUHLENBERG WEEKLY CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- For Love of the Game -- Smokeless Tobacco Still a Part of...
- How Plumbing Is Flushing Into the Future
- New App Takes the Task Out of Boat Maintenance
- Talk Before You Take When Dealing With Medicine
- Eclectic Father's Day Gift Ideas for Dad
- When on an Association Board, Education Is a Must
- Anti-Cancer Compounds Show Promise in Early Research
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Home Clean During a Remodel
- This Spring, It's all About That Bass Fishing -- and Your...
- Pepper Spray Conversations Heat Up, Myths Debunked
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'
- UT Austin Tops All-America Student Analyst Competition 2014-15
- SVG, NACDA Announce Finalists for 2015 College Sports Media Awards