Women's basketball, Track and Field earn national rankings
The women's basketball team is sixth in the Mid-Atlantic in
the first regional rankings of the 2011-12 season released by the NCAA. The committee that determines these rankings is the one that will ultimately award bids to the NCAA Tournament.
The regional rankings are based on a combination of in-region winning percentage and strength of schedule, calculated using opponents' winning percentage and opponents' opponents' winning percentage.
Here are the top six in the rankings, through games of last weekend, with in-region record and overall record:
1. Juniata 20-0/21-1
2. Lebanon Valley 19-2/19-2
3. King's 17-2/18-3
4. Johns Hopkins 17-2/19-2
5. Messiah 15-3/16-4
6. Muhlenberg 15-5/15-5
The Mules have since improved their record to 17-5 with wins against Dickinson and Bryn Mawr the last two nights. Johns Hopkins dropped to 17-3 in the region with a loss at McDaniel last night. Muhlenberg is tied for third in the Centennial Conference, two games behind Hopkins, with three games to play in the regular season.
After a week out, the men's track and field team returned to Mideast Region top 10, as released by the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association.
The Mules were eighth in the first rankings, then slipped to 12th. This week, Muhlenberg is ninth:
6. Johns Hopkins
7. Carnegie Mellon
The rankings are based on teams' ability to score points in a meet, based on their performances to date. The Mules, who have run in five meets this season, have their last big meet before the CC Championships when they travel to the Armory in New York City for the Lafayette-Rider Games tomorrow.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More The Muhlenberg Weekly News Articles
Recent The Muhlenberg Weekly News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MUHLENBERG WEEKLY
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MUHLENBERG WEEKLY NEWS
- Filler places second in Centennial Conference
- Muhlenberg Circus Workshop presents: VOD
- BergVotes runs mock Muhlenberg Caucus
- Dean Green’s Living on Purpose: living life to the fullest
- The split: how the divide between candidates will cost parties the election
- This Week in The Muhlenberg Weekly History: A Day in the Life of a...
- When to publish?
RECENT THE MUHLENBERG WEEKLY CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Get Involved in Preventing Mosquitoes
- Preparing 21st Century Enterprises for Success in the...
- 7 Questions to Ask Before Hiring Your Wedding Photographer
- Tips for Seniors Who Suffer From Muscle Aches and Pains
- A Safer Alternative to Opioids for Treating Chronic Pain
- How Brand Marketers Drive Lift in Loyalty, Reach
- A New Way to Deal With Dry Mouth
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Encourages Parents to Reclaim Family...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board
- LendEDU 2016 College Students and Personal Finance Study
- FINALS SUCK: JOLLY RANCHER CANDY EMBRACES THE LONGEST, SUCKIEST WEEK OF COLLEGE
- Facebook & America East To Keynote College Sports Summit, June 1-3, GA
- Sodexo Reveals The 20ish Under 20ish Hunger Squad For 2016